Fixing an IE7 Rendering Issue with Oracle ADF Faces 10.1.3.0.5

I've been working on a project that involves the use of Oracle's ADF Faces (10.1.3.0.5) components. The application is written using only Oracle's ADF components, so there isn't any intermixed HTML/CSS. Part of the code uses ADF's iterators and tableLayouts to present the data. This works great in IE8, IE9 (without Compatibility View), Firefox, and Chrome (Webkit based browsers). However, in Internet Explorer 7, only the first iteration's tableLayout renders.

Snippet from old logic:

<af:panelGroup>  
 <af:iterator value="#{MyData}" var="item">
  <afh:tableLayout>
   <afh:rowLayout>
    <!-- Item Content Excluded -->
   </afh:rowLayout>
  </afh:tableLayout>
 </af:iterator>
</af:panelGroup>  

The fix I found was rather unexpected, but simple. I had to add the css clear attribute with a value of both to the tableLayout inside the iterator, inlineStyle="clear:both;".

<af:panelGroup>  
 <af:iterator value="#{MyData}" var="item">
  <afh:tableLayout inlineStyle="clear:both;">
   <afh:rowLayout>
    <!-- Item Content Excluded -->
   </afh:rowLayout>
  </afh:tableLayout>
 </af:iterator>
</af:panelGroup>  

Before finding this solution, I had also tried "display:block;" and even using <af:forEach/> instead of <af:iterator /> to loop through the data. Neither of these changes solved the problem for Internet Explorer 7.